Thursday, August 4, 2011

footprint rocketship


 I loved Lisa Klein's footprint rocket design so much that I couldn't help but try it with my kids. I love her creativity. It certainly has me thinking outside the box when it comes handprint & footprint crafts. (Wait until you see my next one!) This one was pretty straightforward to make.


Claire and I (yes, both of us) painted her foot blue and then stamped it on a piece of light blue cardstock. I cut 3 triangles, one for the top of the rocket, and two for the wings. (I cut the triangles so that they didn't cover up any of Claire's footprint.) You could paint on all of these details, but you all know how I love to play with paper. I added some fire at the bottom of the rocket and put a few stars in the sky.

Be warned, I'm sort of on a handprint/footprint kick right now, so be prepared to see a few more before I move onto other projects :)


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the idea - would be great for grandparents day card!!
    Stopping by from TT&J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Lila! Although, I can't help but notice your children's feet are as big as mine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! I am seeing footprint art all over pinterest...is that all yours??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is darling! We would love for you to share this at our link party and come enter our free digital scrapbooking software giveaway!

    Love,
    The Sisters @ Six Sister's Stuff

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/search/label/Strut%20Your%20Stuff%20Saturday

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-memories-digital-scrapbooking.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...