Tuesday, November 23, 2010

freezer stenciling

Not too long ago I discovered this fantastic blog called I Am Momma- Hear Me Roar. If somehow you aren't already a huge fan of the blog then you need to go check it out. Anyway, on there you'll find an awesome tutorial on freezer stenciling. You really need to watch Cheri's video and then you too will be set to freezer stencil. I have so many more projects that I want to make using this technique.
This is my newest one. If this doesn't want to make me do the dishes then I don't know what will.

I'm not going to do an in-depth tutorial here since Cheri's is so awesome- but here are the basics. You need fabric paint, paint brush, t-shirts (or tea towels), freezer paper (parchment paper will not work, not that I tried that first or anything!), and an iron. I also used my cricut cutter to cut out my shapes, but you could use a utility knife and trace out a shape.
Once you have the shapes cut out and place them on your shirt (or towel). Run the iron over the freezer paper. It seriously only takes a few seconds for the paper to stick.
Then paint and let dry
And that's all there is to it! I love my new dish towel, unfortunately it hasn't made me want to do my dishes any faster.

I also made a little shirt for my son Simon. I'm thinking I probably should have bought the next size up in the shirt, it doesn't look like he'll be wearing it too much longer!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I too love her blog. I'll have to check that tutorial out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my site! That is a great project idea!

    Kelly
    http://mysimplewalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this! I keep seeing blog posts about it and it looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful wonderful! I'll need to get started on a Valentine's set right away. I've never tried cutting anything as thin as parchement paper with the cricut, but now I'm excited about the possibilities. Thank you much for posting.

    LuluMarie
    Craftingnanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! I tried out this craft today and added it to my blog. I credited you of course and linked your blog in.

    plus! I'm a new follower =)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Monica
    http://ellabellabutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...