Monday, May 2, 2011

red bird. blue bird


Oh dear- time got away from me last week. I meant to post this last week, but better late than never, I guess. This project was actually inspired by this craft, which uses potatoes to stamp the birds. Now, we actually tried making that craft but, we used small fingerling potatoes and I forgot to cut the potatoes in half. SO the birds ended up being huge, and the whole craft was a huge fail. Well- not entirely I guess, because it did spawn these adorable little note cards.


One of my favorite parts of this craft was the use of the corrugated cardboard. I cut a small bit of cardboard and then had Claire dip it in brown paint and stamp it on the card to create the tree for the birds. Then I just poured some red and blue paint so that Claire & Simon could stamp the cards with their thumbs.


Then when the paint was dry I added the googly eyes (of course!) and I added a few leaves for visual interest. The cards looked cute without the leave too, but I liked the punch that the green added. And there you have it, an all occasion note card.


Linking up with: Skip to my Lou & ABC and 123 Learning & Tatertots and Jello

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! You always need a few extra cards.

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool look My kids will love this. and my granddaughter too I am a bird enthusiast myself
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I don't think it is a fail! I think you created your own version by using the whole potato!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Lila! There's nothing cuter than sweet little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! My little bird lover would love this craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 03, 2011

    so cute!! your little blog is a great inspiration for crafting with the kids... i've run out of ideas! can't wait to see what the spring brings!

    where can i find you on pinterest, the link doesn't take you there?

    sue
    polliwogsinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah ArenburgMay 03, 2011

    This has got to be one of my all time favorites (so far) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I always love projects with handprints or little fingerprints! Such a cute keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. j'adore!

    You're oozing with cuteness!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...