Tuesday, July 5, 2011

fudge popsicles

As soon as I saw this pin on pinterest, I knew that I had to make these fudge popsicles. Smitten Kitchen adapted these from a recipe that she found in Matt Armendairz's cookbook, On A Stick.

These were so delicious. I loved them. Claire loved them. They make a wonderful summer treat.

Fudge Popsicles

Adapted, just a bit, from On A Stick!
Makes 4 standard-sized popsicles

2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups whole milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter

Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, milk and salt. Raise heat to medium. I used a whisk to mix all of this deliciousness together.Whisking frequently, cook until the mixture begins to thicken (you'll know when it happens!) It took 5 minutes for me, but the recipe in the book says that it could take up to 10 minutes. Once it has thickened, remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and butter. Let mixture cool for a bit before pouring into your molds. An hour or so after putting the molds in the freezer add in the popsicle sticks.

I used dark chocolate chips, and also a dark cocoa powder because that's what I had on had. I think that this made them extra delicious. Also, I used salted butter, because that's what we had.

Let me know if you try these out this summer. And if you have any other popsicle recipes leave me a note in the comments- we'd love to try to make some more new ones.

Linking up with: Tatertots and JelloSkip to my Lou

8 comments:

  1. I drooled over these on Smitten Kitchen and they look even better here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look amazing...and naturally gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your star shaped pops. They look so fun, and of course, being chocolate, I'd eat them in a heartbeat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your popsicles up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so cute AND delicious! We would LOVE to have you link this up to our giveaway and party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-1.html

    The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! these look great! I love fudge so i am definitely bookmarking these! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love homemade popsicles, and those look delicious! I hope you're having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM! I love fudge pops! I came across this post on Skip To My Lou...

    I'm hosting a linky party at my blog Fusion Fridays { http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com }

    I would love it if you would link up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...