Monday, September 19, 2011

footprint flying witch


I can hardly believe that the summer's nearly over and that it's almost fall. Thank goodness. I am welcoming this cooler weather with welcome arms (I love sweater weather!)  The kids and I have been working on some fall art projects. One of the first ones that we've done is this footprint witch. How very halloween!

This is such a simple project to do. All you need are a few basic things that you probably already have on hand.

Supplies:
black and cream colour paint
markers (I just used Claire's crayola ones)
googly eye
paper scraps (or you could just use a marker to draw them on)

1. Paint the heel using the cream paint, and then quickly paint the rest of the foot black. Stamp onto the paper.
2. Once it's dry start to draw on the details. I started by drawing the broom first.
3. Draw on smile, and messy hair. Draw on arms holding onto the broom.
4. Glue on googly eye.
5. Cut a triangle out of black paper for the witch hat. I cut a small, thin rectangle out of purple for the band on the hat.
6. Cut out (or draw, I don't trust my drawing!) a few stars for the night sky.
7. Display. Claire LOVES seeing her artwork on display.

12 comments:

  1. I love anything that incorporates a hand or footprint, and this is adorable!
    Love your blog, so happy to have found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, I LOVE this! It turned out awesome. Can't wait to see what else you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a precious idea! What a sweet holiday project!

    I'd LOVE if you would link up to Mommy Club Tuesday Linky! (It shows up both on MilkandCuddles.com & Crystalandcomp.com!)

    You can link up here: http://tinyurl.com/3h45jwb

    Shannon
    MilkandCuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute :)
    Krista
    www.modpodgemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This craft is so cute. I homeschool my children, so I will definitely try this activity with them a bit closer to Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! My boys will LOVE this one. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts today! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/footprint-flying-witch/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love this witch!!! FABULOUS!

    Would love to have you share this and any other child centered crafts on my weekly linky party The Sunday Showcase (open Sat thru Thurday)

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this idea...we LOVED making it! So much fun. http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/2012/10/pinterest-inspired-halloween-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I wanted to let you know that I loved your craft and I featured you on my blog post! You can see it here:
    http://maros-kindergarten.blogspot.gr/2013/03/blog-post_11.html#

    I would love yoyr feedback! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stadium LED screens,Soft flexible LED display,Outdoor SMD LED display-VIOS Electronic
    Shenzhen VIOS Electronic Technology Co., Ltd is a modern, large and professional LED display manufacturer with more than 10 years of history and has obtained CE, FCC and Ro HS certificates. We have a strong R & D department to ensure high-end products with humanized design . All products are rigorously tested before they are put on the market and have extensive experience in dealing with all possible problems that may be encountered when importing from China. You are quite right to choose our products. Our sales staff are well trained and can give you professional advice on your specific project . Professional engineers are available to provide on-site guidance and technical support upon request.
    https://leyarled.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...