I can hardly believe that the summer's nearly over and that it's almost fall. Thank goodness. I am welcoming this cooler weather with welcome arms (I love sweater weather!) The kids and I have been working on some fall art projects. One of the first ones that we've done is this footprint witch. How very halloween!
This is such a simple project to do. All you need are a few basic things that you probably already have on hand.
black and cream colour paint
markers (I just used Claire's crayola ones)
paper scraps (or you could just use a marker to draw them on)
1. Paint the heel using the cream paint, and then quickly paint the rest of the foot black. Stamp onto the paper.
2. Once it's dry start to draw on the details. I started by drawing the broom first.
3. Draw on smile, and messy hair. Draw on arms holding onto the broom.
4. Glue on googly eye.
5. Cut a triangle out of black paper for the witch hat. I cut a small, thin rectangle out of purple for the band on the hat.
6. Cut out (or draw, I don't trust my drawing!) a few stars for the night sky.
7. Display. Claire LOVES seeing her artwork on display.