Another great thing about this craft is that you could really cater it to such a variety of ages. Claire's nearly 3, so I had to help her cut out the hearts, and put most of the tape on BUT older kids would be able to make these with much less guidance.
What you need to make these:
toilet paper rolls
white computer paper
googly eyes (older kids could draw on the eyes)
decorative tape or strips of coloured paper (could use leftover wrapping paper)
1. cover toilet paper roll with sheet of white paper. (This might be a step that you could skip. It was hard for us to pick off all of the extra bits of toilet paper, so we just covered them up!)
2. cut hearts out of construction paper (can you tell that Claire cut out the purple 'heart' below?)
3. colour the hearts or draw on a face
4. add googly eyes, if you're using them
5. add decorative tape, of strips of paper to the toilet paper roll
6. tape the heart to the front of the toilet paper roll
Inspired by the finger puppet Valentines that Katie Did made last year.
Linking up with: Support Blog for Moms of BOYS & ABC and 123 & These Creative Juices& Singing Three Little Birds & C.R.A.F.T. & Making the World Cuter