Monday, January 31, 2011

thumb print Love Bug Valentines


Claire and I made these adorable little Valentine cards last night. It really is such a simple project to make. Our first step was to use the cricut to cut out our tags. Now, if you don't have a cricut you could make simple rectangle tags- which really, would be a lot faster anyway! We cut two tags for each card, and made the red ones slightly larger than the white ones. Then Claire did her thing and stamped her thumbprint on each of the white cards. Then I quickly swept the cards away from her and put them on the counter to dry before she had the whole card painted red. (If you're doing this craft with a toddler, may I suggest that you cut a few extra cards. NOT that I would know this from personal experience or anything!)

I just added a little face, some googly eyes (because what kids craft isn't made better with some googly eyes?) and tied them with bakers twine and they were done. The red tags are perfect for writing your Valentine's day messages.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

18 comments:

  1. Oh! I LOVE THESE! I think they are just the simple craft that I needed for my kindergartners to make for their parents! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you know I love thumbprint crafts, so I absolutely LOVE these. SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah ArenburgFebruary 01, 2011

    So if I have a snow day tomorrow, I'm going to make one of these...if I can round up some googlies. Thanks for the great idea (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stealing (I mean, borrowing) this!! Thanks for sharing! Very cute!
    Jen
    Scissors and Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Included this in my Valentine Round Up; thanks for sharing!

    Blessings to you,
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! So very, very cute!!! Thanks for leaving me the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these! So simple and the googly eyes are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! We're making some super duper Valentine's Day cards for my daughter's class. I'm enjoying the fact that she can make the cards by herself (for the most part).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thumbprint is such a great idea. These are lovely! The googly eyes make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw these are so cute! i really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! We are making thumbprint valentines tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely adorable craft! I featured it on my blog. http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/02/handprint-thumbprint-valentines-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so precious too! I love all your Valentine ideas! Please link this one up too. It's so sweet! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! Thank you, thank you for linking your sweet bug valentines! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured your sweet bug valentines today! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentine-love-bugs.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the inspiration!! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...