Monday, January 14, 2013

Footprint Race Car Valentine!

In an attempt to create a more boyish Valentine, Simon and I created the footprint race car. If we're being technical here, Simon begrudgingly let me paint his foot and sort of let me press it on the paper. Last year we created the footprint dump truck (Simon was slightly more agreeable last year!)

This one was fairly easy to make, once the child's footprint had been done. I used red paint, slathered the paint all over Simon's foot (he was sitting a chair), and then stood him up and pressed his foot on the paper. Make sure not to have too much paint on the foot, or it will just slide around too much when the child steps on the paper.

Once the paint is dry you can add in some of the extra details. Use a black marker to draw the road lines (hopefully yours will be slightly more parallel than mine.) Draw some wheels, the number on the car, and then the finish line sign. I used a green marker to add some grass (I just wanted to add a little colour). I couldn't find a red marker, so I used my red felt tip pen to add the spoiler thing on the back of the car. I drew (sort of!) a person inside the car with felt tip pens as well. Then just write you Valentine message on the top of the paper.

My plan is to scan this project, and print out some copies that we can send to Simon's Grandparents.

Am I the only one working on Valentine projects already? Let me know what you've been working on, I'd love to check it out. Leave the link in the comments.

Linking up with: Six Sister's StuffSkip to my Lou & Tip Junkie & Weekly Kids Co-op & Tatertots and Jello 

8 comments:

  1. I love this!! We are having a Disney Cars theme birthday party for my one year old next month... I think I'll use the race car footprint for his thank you card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I've not seen something like this before. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now that's adorable! Please come link it up and build your Pinterest traffic at our new weekly hop: http://mummydeals.org/pinteresting/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable. Will pin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Valentines Day is always so girly, so nice to see a more masculine side. Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Boys usually have a little girl that they take a fancy to, even if they don't admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is a good one! Its original, thanks for the
    info! Is there a way I can tell my people about this
    post. for more info visit Sold on
    racing

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...