Tuesday, January 8, 2013

thumbprint Valentine bookmarks: part 2

Longtime blog readers may remember the thumbprint bookmarks that Claire and I made last year for Valentine's Day. Turns out, they were one of my most popular posts ever. So, I decided to make a few new ones for this year. If you're new to my blog, I'd love for you to follow me on my facebook page.

For these ones, I choose a fruit theme. (I have another set that I'll be posting shortly.) These are so easy to make, and aside from the drying time for the paint, they hardly take any time at all.

To Make:
Coloured cardstock.
ribbon
paint
decorative tape
corner punch (optional)
coloured pens/markers

To start, I cut my 12x12 paper in half, and then cut the bookmarks to measure 2"x6".
Decide what fruit you'd like to create, and have your child stamp their thumb on the bookmark.
Once dry, embellish the fruit with stems & leaves. I used some coloured pens to write the puns on the bookmarks.

I finished off the bookmarks by adding some washi tape to the top of the bookmark, and rounding the corners. Lastly, I punched a hole on top of the bookmarks, and folded a bit of ribbon through the hole.

You can have your child write the names of the lucky recipients of these bookmarks on the back of them.



7 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. These are aDORable!! I'm pinning this to do with my son...I think the olive is my favorite! :) I would looove for you to share this at my party, going on now!
    http://www.oneartsymama.com/2013/01/shine-on-fridays-62.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just as good, if not better than last year!! Great work! Just posted on Craft Gossip!! Thanks for sharing:)

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7494

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beyond cute! i love the little sayings on them. i'll be featuring these at crayonfreckles.com for this week's kids co-op party! stop by and grab a badge.

    oh! and i just liked you on fb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I HATE Candy for V DAY!! Please come link it up at our new Pinterest party: http://mummydeals.org/pinteresting/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these! Awesome idea Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What time of day exercise is actually important. In the evening, the human muscle temperature is the highest, and the environmental oxygen content is the highest. According to incomplete statistics, a number of Olympic records were created in the evening and evening. Want to find out exactly how time affects our exercise effect, NIKSA best workout clothes for men brings you interesting and light science.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was really fascinating to me. I am forwarding this site to my friends so they can also appreciate it. python course in ameerpet

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...