Monday, January 21, 2013

heart stamped valentines

I love handmade valentines. These ones are no exceptions. The best part is that you probably already have everything on hand that you need to make them.

Supplies needed:
small heart cookie cutter
various shades of paint
washi/decorative tape
cardstock
corner rounder (optional)
 
I cut the paper in little rectangles measuring 3" x 4 ". I poured the paint on a piece of tin foil. Claire had a great time choosing the colours of paint that she wanted to use, and creating her own patterns. 
 Once the paint was dry, I added a piece of washi tape to each Valentine. I used my corner punch on each Valentine.
 Then I handed them back over to Claire so that she could write her little message on them. (She was practicing writing N's, that's why there are two together in Valentine.)

How easy is that? Obviously, if we were handing these out to class mates (which we're not, since Claire's not in school yet) I would write the Happy Valentine's Day bit. Actually, I'd probably find a stamp, and stamp that on the back of each card. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lila! I really like your projects and would love to feature them on my site, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. I can't find a contact email for you. Please email me at jholtzman@primecp.com if you are interested!

    Best,

    Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...