Wednesday, January 30, 2013

groundhog day sandwich


It's almost groundhog day, and Claire and I have been busy working on some writing activities related to groundhog day. This was a last minute lunch that I made for the kids today (clearly, as it would have been more groundhoggy if it had been made from whole wheat bread.)

To start, I melted a few tablespoons of chocolate chips in a bowl, on intervals, in the microwave. Once melted, I poured the chocolate in a small ziploc bag, and then I piped a few little hearts, and small ears onto a piece of wax paper. I popped the wax paper in the freezer while I finished making the sandwiches.

I made the sandwiches, and cut them out with a heart pancake mold (my biggest heart shaped cutter.) I cut a small marshmallow in half and placed mini chocolate chips on them to make the eyes. I cut another marshmallow in half to make the teeth. Then, I took my chocolate out of the freezer and carefully pulled the shapes off of the parchment paper. I assembled the sandwiches, and then added a few strawberries to the plate.

Side note: Claire informed me that she does not like strawberries shaped like hearts, she only like strawberries cut in half. She did end up eating them though!

So what do you think, will the groundhog see his shadow? I sure hope not. It's freezing here, and I'm ready for an early spring!

5 comments:

  1. Aaaa love this! How stinkin' adorable! I love doing fun lunches for my son. He's at his grandparents this weekend but I'll have to do this sometime this week. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made cakes with this recipe and the taste was amazing to get new updates check this: https://apkoryx.com/download-modern-command-mod-apk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Black Bengal Cat is a captivating and distinctive breed known for its mysterious allure and stunning appearance. Bengals are renowned for their captivating patterns, striking light-colored eyes, and a remarkable resemblance to the beloved “Big Cats” of the wild. Despite being similar in size to domestic house cats, their lineage can be traced back to leopards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Silver Bengal cat is renowned for its striking silver coat adorned with captivating patterns, making it a beloved choice among cat enthusiasts worldwide. These stunning silver markings originated through strategic interbreeding with American Shorthairs, enhancing the Bengal breed with a touch of elegance. The Silver Bengal Cat is a captivating and unique feline breed that has gained significant popularity among cat enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...